Dirtbag Week in Review May 13-19
- Edwards wins it with a Walk-off for Marshall
Luke Edwards had a walk-off single in the 10th inning to help the Thundering Heard to a 4-3 victory over Rice on Saturday.
- Goodman Leads Memphis
Hunter Goodman hit two homeruns this weekend and is now up to 13 for the season. He is also leading the Tigers in almost every offensive category.
- Clarke semifinalist for Vanderilt
Phillip Clarke was just named a semifinalist for the Buster Posey award which is given to the top Catcher in the country. Clarke is one of 14 in that group.
- Wilson Named Pitcher of the Year for Western Harnett
Bradley Wilson (2019 ECU Commit) was named conference pitcher of the year. He led the conference with 10 Wins and posted a 1.12 ERA in 62 innings.
- Norby Hits First HR for ECU
Connor Norby hit his first collegiate HR this past weekend in helping the Pirates win 2 games and clinch the #1 seed in the AAC tournament this week.
- Johnston and Nelson help lead NC State to Series win
Reid Johnston picked up his 6th win of the season going 5 innings allowing only 1 run. Baker nelson threw 1.1 innings striking out 3 in relief. NC State will be the #3 seed this week in the ACC Tournament.
- Walker wins in first start for Mississippi Braves
Jeremy Walker (Atlanta Braves) went 6.0 innings striking out 8 and only allowing 3 runs to pick up his first win of the season.
- Conference players and pitchers of the year will be coming out this week! Be on the lookout for a few Dirtbags picking up some Honors.